Breast Implants Procedure Statistics
Breast implant surgery continues to be the most popular cosmetic procedure in the nation. More than 300,000 procedures are performed each year. Are you considering breast enhancement surgery? You are invited to discover the difference at Princeton Plastic Surgeons – where our goal is to achieve results beyond the expected and give you arguably the most natural-looking breast implants New Jersey has available for its patients.
Do You Want Larger, Fuller Breasts?
Many women want larger, more voluptuous breasts to enhance feminine appeal. At Princeton Plastic Surgeons in Princeton, New Jersey, we perform individually-tailored breast implant procedures with artistry and skill – along with the highest quality of patient care.
What Is Involved in Getting Breast Implants?
Our procedure for breast implants in New Jersey is performed to:
- Increase fullness and projection of the breasts
- Improve the proportions of the breasts to the hips
- Enhance self-confidence and feminine appeal
The type, shape, and size of implants and incision placement will be chosen in advance. Our board-certified plastic surgeon places the implants under the natural breast tissue, or under the muscles, to enhance size, fullness, symmetry, and overall shape. With advances in breast augmentation surgery, patients have more options today than ever for a fully-customized breast augmentation procedure.
Am I a Candidate?
Results in breast implant surgery can depend on the type, shape, and size of implants selected and the surgeon you choose to perform your procedure. Dr. Hamawy at Princeton Plastic Surgeons is a board-certified plastic surgeon with an extensive experience performing aesthetic and reconstructive procedures. We are a boutique plastic surgery clinic where you can expect sincere, personalized quality service – and a dedication to creating the most natural, best-looking results
What Can You Expect with Breast Implant Surgery?
Each NJ breast augmentation procedure at Princeton Plastic Surgeons is custom-tailored to suit the individual patient’s needs. The first step is a consultation, during which you and the doctor will discuss your best breast implant options, including:
- Composition: saline, silicone gel, or gummy bear
- Size (measured in ccs)
- Shape: teardrop (anatomical) or round
- Surface: smooth or textured
- Profile: (projection from the chest) low, moderate, or high
- Placement: behind or in front of the pectoral muscle
- Incision technique: Peri-areolar (along the bottom half of the areola border), inframammary (along the natural crease at the base of the breast), transaxillary (in the armpit), or transublimical (through the navel)
Procedure to Place Breast Implants
Breast Implant surgery is performed on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia or twilight sedation. Dr. Hamawy carefully places incisions to minimize scarring. Depending on the implant placement chosen, he will then create a pocket to hold the implant, either directly behind the pectoral muscle or behind the breast tissue. The implants are carefully and precisely placed, after which the incisions are sutured.
What Is Recovery Like after Breast Implants?
After breast implant surgery, your breasts will be bandaged, and you will wear a support bra to help minimize swelling and support the breasts as they heal. You will rest in a recovery room for an hour or so before you are released to go home. You will be advised to rest during the initial recovery period of 24 to 48 hours. After that, resume only light activities for the next few days, and avoid strenuous activities for several weeks, as instructed by the doctor. Medication will be prescribed to control any pain or discomfort you may experience after the procedure.
FAQ Breast Implants
What are the advantages of the different types of implants?
Each type of implant has its own advantages. Dr. Hamawy will help you select the best implant composition for you.
- Saline implants: Because they are filled with sterile saltwater after they are placed in the body, saline implants require smaller incisions. Volume can be adjusted during surgery. There is no need for an MRI to check for leaks, as the implant deflates when a rupture occurs.
- Silicone implants: Silicone breast implants tend to look more natural than saline implants. They are softer and feel more like natural breast tissue. Because of the composition of silicone implants, they are less prone to wrinkling and rippling than saline-filled implants.
- Gummy bear implants: Superior shape maintenance is a major advantage of gummy bear (cohesive gel) implants. Their teardrop shape more closely resembles the look and feel of a natural breast. Other advantages of this type of implant include no leakage and less chance of rippling than with other types of implants.
What is the best implant placement – over or under the muscle?
Both submuscular (under the muscle) and subglandular (over the muscle) implant placement have their advantages:
- Submuscular placement: This implant technique tends to create a more natural look. It reduces the risk of capsular contracture, bottoming out, and rippling. As the muscle supports the implant, this placement also reduces wear of the skin.
- Subglandular placement: The surgical procedure to place implants over the muscle is less invasive with a faster, easier recovery. It can create more cleavage because implants can be placed slightly closer together. Flexing the pectoral muscles does not distort the implants.
Submuscular placement may be better suited for women who do not have a large amount of natural breast tissue to cover the implant edges. Subglandular placement may be used for women with plenty of natural breast tissue to provide greater projection. In a consultation at Princeton Plastic Surgeons in Princeton, New Jersey, Dr. Hamawy can recommend the best breast implant incision placement for you.
Copyright © 2018 Princeton Plastic Surgeons. All Rights Reserved.